“It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.”
- Author Unknown
Everyone deserves a decent and affordable place to live, a home. Give someone a chance and the world changes. Transformation begins as a dream becomes reality. The end of poverty starts here. It’s the Power of Heart, Hope and Home. Loveland Habitat for Humanity builds homes and helps qualifying families in need. We are an affordable homeownership program for hard-working Loveland families in need of a decent, safe, and affordable homes.
Please enjoy this slideshow of some of our families!
“You Can Create Hope”
- According to the Colorado Division of Housing, our state ranks 15th in the nation for homeless children.
- Colorado ranks number 4 in the nation for rent-burdened families, with more than 200,000 children in our state living in poverty. Loveland is the 2nd highest rent-burdened community in Colorado, preceded only by Aspen, CO.
- Loveland Habitat serves families at 30% to 60% of the area median income (ami).
- A family of 3 at 30% of the ami, earns $1,750 per month.
- The average rent for a 3-bedroom apartment in Loveland is $1,300 per month.
- As a Loveland Habitat Homeowner, a family of three at 30% ami, would have a monthly mortgage of $490, including escrow and principle.
- A Loveland Habitat Family pays just 28% of their monthly income as a mortgage payment.
- All Loveland Habitat Families are required to take educational classes, helping them become successful homeowners.
- Each adult family member must perform 250 hours of sweat equity, volunteering on their home or other Loveland Habitat projects and events as part of their partnership.
- This sets them up for stability, sustainability and success!
This is how YOU make a difference with YOUR support:
|RENTING (3 Bedroom Apartment)||VS.||OWNING (3 Bedroom Home)|
|INCOME||$1,750 per month||$1,750 per month|
|HOUSING||$1,300 per month||$490 per month|
|AVAILABLE FOR EXPENSES||$450 per month||$1,260 per month|
|EQUALS||A family likely relying on social
services to supplement income
Loveland Habitat for Humanity Homeowners are productive community citizens. With the savings they have monthly by owning versus renting, they contribute financially to our community by paying property taxes, through the purchase of goods and supplies and are successful neighbors. Your support helps to accomplish the goal of enhancing the lives of our partner families by providing them an opportunity to fulfill their basic need of housing and to provide them the ability to become successful homeowners!
For more information about homeownership, please contact Loveland Habitat for Humanity, 970-669-9769. For Loveland Habitat ReStore shopping or donation information, please call 970-669-7343.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP WILL CHANGE THE LIVES OF FAMILIES & OUR NEIGHBORHOODS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME!